What are eating disorders?
If you are struggling with abnormal eating habits or thoughts and body weight, you may be dealing with an eating disorder. These involve continuous excessive or not enough eating habits, associated with a negative body image. Quite often, issues around eating are linked to other mental health issues such as depression and anxiety.
Eating disorders include Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa, Binge-Eating Disorder. Causes of eating disorders vary, and include genetics and personality traits.
What are the some of the aspects of eating disorders?
- Severe weight fluctuations
- Restrictive eating habits and patterns
- Excessive dieting
- Obsessing over calorie content
- Purging following eating
- Difficulties with eating in public
- Playing with food
- Rituals around eating and food
- Stealing, hiding, or hoarding food
- Excessive exercise before or after eating
- Abnormal focus on body image and appearance and a direct thought link between weight and self-esteem
If you are struggling with these or other symptoms, we can assist you.